Saturday, March 16, 2013

One Year DTE!

Today we have been officially waiting ONE YEAR for our Ethiopian baby.
 
What a year it has been! We have lost a beloved family member (My Mawmaw) and we have gained an unexpected family member (Addie Mae). I would be lying if I didn't say the pregnancy and birth of Adelyn didn't take my mind away from the wait, but it definitely helped pass the time. We are still about a year away, maybe even a year and a half, from getting that much anticipated referral! For those not quite into the adoption lingo, that is the phone call saying we have been matched with our baby boy! Yes, I did say boy. Just incase you don't remember our specific details, we requested an infant boy 0-12 months. I can't imagine how our lives will change throughout this next year of waiting, but I know it will be worth it when we meet our little man!
 
We started on the "unofficial" wait list at #83.
 
Today we are at...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment