Monday, October 24, 2011

Stick with baking....

I decided to be more housewifeish and cook (really cook) dinner tonight. So I picked my top three pinterest dinner choices. I wrote down the recipes and quickly realized this was not looking promising. Still I was determined and moved on to WalMart to get my supplies. I strolled down the aisles I have never paid any attention to and collected my ingredients. Then I came home to realize my preferred dish took a day to prepare. Literally a day to "set" or cool or whatever. So on to #2... I noticed it wasn't exactly a main dish it was an appetizer. So I thought well how about #3. So I decided to do a zucchini based pizza. Literally all I had to do was cut up a zucchini and grill it then throw on some sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. Easy enough right? Well I couldn't find any zucchini except like cucumber looking things, and I have no idea how to grill. So I googled baked zucchini and followed the recipe. It smelled gross. But I persevered. I added the pepperonis and sauce. I ate all of it, but more of an eat it because I made it, than a man this is good. However, Ryan came home and actually asked for some more. (I didn't because I tossed it thinking he wouldn't like it) So I guess if you like zucchini you would like this dish.



I also figured out why I enjoy baking. It smells delicious the whole prep time and it tastes yummy even if you mess up!

No comments:

Post a Comment