Thursday, April 12, 2012

Request!

One of my besties is in the process of adopting domestically. They started their process right after we did ours. There was even a little talk about them adopting from Ethiopia too! However, God had different plans for them. They finished all their paperwork around February, and have been waiting for THE call since then! I know it doesn't seem like a long time, but "most" people we know or hear about get "the call" within the first few weeks. So it was a little sad at first, but then God occupied their minds with a mission trip to Ethiopia!! They have been getting prepared for the trip and staying busy, and  today they GOT THE CALL! There is a PRECIOUS little boy who is ready for adoption! My friends accepted the call.

If your like me you think that is it! But, it isn't! In this type of adoption apparently you get the chance say if you would want to adopt the baby. Then, they also ask other families if THEY would adopt the baby. So all these waiting families have an opportunity and deadline to accept the call. Then if they do, someone (IDK who?) will look through all the families and decide which family they think is the best match for the baby! Now, I might be totally off here. From what I understand that is how this works....

I have two reasons for blogging about their adoption. One because I am ooooooh so excited for them!! I almost started crying when she told me they got the call! Everything about this baby is just PERFECT for them!!! I am sooo happy and hopeful!!  Then, two because nothing is final yet! They have to get chosen to be this little boy's family. I want you to join with me to pray for God to allow my friends to become the parents of this little boy!!! God is good!! Pray that whoever is doing the selection will know without a doubt that they are his parents!! Lets lift up this family and pray that this waiting period is quick so they can get their sweet boy home!

Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment