Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Waiting Update!


We have been DTE for over 2 months now and have moved just a bit on the unofficial wait list. We are now at #81! I have been seeing lots of changes over the last few weeks of people requesting a larger age range. I think it is wonderful that these families are opening their hearts and homes to slightly older children! Here are some of my favorite blogs of families who have adopted "older" children.

Dreaming Big Dreams- Jamie Ivey's parenting journey through childbirth, domestic adoption, and international adoption! She is married to Aaron Ivey from The Austin Stone!

Rage Against the Mini Van- Kristen Howerton's story of fostering to adopt, international adopting, and child birthing of four kids in four years!

Jen Hatmaker- I don't actually follow her blog much, but I did love her book 7. She has adopted two children from Ethiopia along with her 3 biological children!

Change the World for One- If this story doesn't give you chills or tears, I'm not sure what could! This boy's smile is just precious!! You HAVE to watch the video at the bottom!!

Pure and Lasting- This is a bit of a different story! Instead of adopting an older child, this couple is "hosting" a Rwandan teenager!! I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I know he lives with them and they are his American parents!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That's wonderful! I love Pure and Lasting's blog-definitely one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog love :) And congratulations on the pregnancy!!! Yay babies!

    ReplyDelete