Monday, October 18, 2010

Namby Pamby

So. Today Ryan and I decided not to do any research on our upcoming decision. No internet research, but I focused a lot on the bible and talked to a couple of people about our decision. I am hardly even nervous about this anymore, but Ryan might not be on the same page. Maybe because we just got on the page like Saturday. I am a bit of a go getter once I make up my mind about something. I recently read a blog of Ryan's cousins and it was incredible inspiring. I just can't get over some of the stories she has shared on her blog of things that God has done so physically in her life. I also can't get over how SIMILAR some of her situation and our situation are!  She has posted about things that we are fearing right now. It is just great how God put her blog in my life. I feel like such a techie talking about God putting blogs in my life! Ha.

A conversation I had with my brother brought up question in my mind. I told him that I like to talk to people that think like I do. What that basically means is that I like to talk to people who I know will be supportive of what  I am saying? Is this being too selective??  I just feel like I don't want to hear negativity. I know negativity is totally unavoidable, so I am glad I have people that will be supportive in most of my crazy ideas. I guess the answer to my question is this: Talk to lots of supportive  people BEFORE you talk to the ones you know will be negative, so then when you hear the negative you will be strong from the support!


Here is what I want to leave you with today:
"Too long have we been waiting for one another to begin! The time for waiting is past!...Should such men as we fear? Before the whole world, aye, before the sleepy, lukewarm, faithless,namby-pamby Christian world, we will dare to trust our God...and we will do it with His joy unspeakable singing aloud in our hearts. We will a thousand times sooner die trusting only in our God than live trusting in man" -C.T. Studd

No comments:

Post a Comment