Thursday, May 3, 2012

Starting to feel like SUMMER :)

Welcome May! I am so excited for this month! Lots of big things are happening this month! One of which is, last day of May our school gets out for SUMMER!! WooHoo! I am pumped to be done with my third year of teaching! Wow, three years! I'm going to be a senior next year! Haha.  I seriously have one of the best jobs ever. I get to teach different sets of students every week and teach them computers! Who doesn't need to know how to use a computer? I recently had to get blood work done and was reminded how great my job is. However, teaching is definitely not for the faint of heart. We deal with serious issues and incredible kids. Around this time of year things start to get really crazy!! I never thought I would be one of "those teachers" that doesn't like to let students have fun and relaxed days, but they go BANANAS with relaxed rules! Seriously. Our state testing week was one of the toughest weeks I have had all year! Teachers can really get defeated these last few weeks because kids really start to lose control and push boundaries. I read this in a teacher's devotional this morning and thought it was perfect!!

"These last few weeks of the school year are tough, no doubt. The kids are over it and you're probably drained. I encourage you to lean into that fact instead of fighting against it. You are finite. You come to an end. But our God does not. Let go of the notion that you have to hold everything together, and keep your eyes focused on Him. It's the Lord that holds all things together. In Him we move and breathe and have our being.
And that is true freedom--not self reliance, not looking inward to meet your needs, but looking upwards at your Creator who is omniscient and full of never-ending love and patience. Hang in there my friends, through whatever you're facing. He's got this"- The Cornerstone Devotions for Teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment