Saturday, July 7, 2012

NYC- Mission Trip!

A few weeks ago I went with my church to New York City for a mission trip. I was pretty anxious about going on this trip because I hadn't been feeling great and Ryan wasn't going. I wasn't sure how I would handle the trip. On all of my mission trips I always am prepared to see what God is going to teach me. Nicaragua- Foreign missionary was NOT what I was called to at that point in my life. Venezuela- All about the people. Most welcoming group I have ever been a part of. Alabama Tornado Relief- Serving together creates friendships. Alabama Gulf Shores Youth Trip- Kids need AND actually want slightly older people to help disciple them through high school. Now NYC...
As I mentioned before, I was really nervous to go on this trip because I wasn't sure how I could physically handle it. Our schedule was intense from the get go. Day one we had to leave the church at 3:30AM. Pregnant and very little sleep?- YIKES! 


Yet, God provided. For the first time in my life, I had an empty spot next to me on our first plane ride and was able to catch some ZZZs! Thank you God! It was just the preview I needed to trust Him with my trip.

That was a really long day of travel. Once we got to NYC we did some sight seeing, eating, and shopping! By the time we got to the shopping, I was starting to loose it. I hadn't slept much and we walked A LOT. I was texting Ryan and starting to get overwhelmed when I just prayed. "God I can't do this, how am I going to do this for 4 days?, I can't handle this. Help me."  As I finished praying. BAM!  I found a spot to sit! No shopping for this lady! I sat for about 45 minutes and just was so thankful that God had provided. Silly, ooooh sooo necessary!!

Another very similar situation. Our free day was one of the hardest days for me. We walked to the Metropolitan Museum, then walked and toured the museum, thankfully took a taxi to Bloomingdale's. Had a wonderful lunch and the sat down on some chairs while my friends shopped! (Not much shopping was done by me!). Then we met our group at the World Trade Center and took a trip to Chinatown. Wow. This was tough. It was soooo hot and there was no slowing down. Our group was on the move to find some stuff and I was praying,"God, what am I going to do? How can I keep up?!, I can't make it." Then BAM! It was the coolest part of my trip. Some of the girls just suddenly decided they didn't want to go with the guy leading us, PERFECT! I didn't either, lets find something else to do...I kid you not, a block over there was a PARK. Literally a park right in the middle of Chinatown. It had tons of benches to sit at, and tons of shade. Thank you God! I was blown away. We rested and then I was okay for the rest of the night!! God had made it so clear that He would take care of me.


The rest of the trip was great! When we were working, I didn't have any problems because I was able to sit and rest any time I needed. We worked several churches helping them clean up and organize. We did helped out with two evening meals.   Oh we also got to see Justin Bieber :) Bonus!
Working at Park Slope Community Church!

Organizing the pantry!
Organizing random tracks.

Lots of subway trips!


Before...
During..

After!




Serving and visiting at Graffiti Church!


Yep. That's the Biebs.


So all that to say.
God showed me that He will provide if I just put myself out there and trust Him.
He never let me down.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment