Sunday, July 15, 2012

An Obedient Journey!

Y'all might remember Rebekah from Saying Yes to Adoption. They have been home about 2 months with their Ethiopian cutie pie!! He is presh...
Anyway,
They know a couple who have decided to follow their call adopt a *FEW* kiddos from the Ukraine!! You can follow their story over on: An Obedient Journey!

"The wake-up call was on February 5th, 2011, when our college pastor was scheduled to teach a sermon on adoption, both about the adoption of children and about our adoption by God. I remember walking into the room where Les was ironing that morning saying “I kind of don’t want to go, because I know it will bring it all up again.” That actually brings tears to my eyes typing this because I realize that the conviction of God was there then and I was ignoring it. When we left church that morning, my heart was just really heavy with that conviction. Before we even got home from that service, we knew that we had to rethink “our plan” and follow God’s plan for our lives. We started talking with the college pastor and his wife about their adoption to get more information. They are wonderful by the way, and you can read all about their adoption at http://yestoadoption.blogspot.com/. In just a short time, we made our decision that we would follow this conviction on our hearts and adopt! Our hope is that we will adopt siblings from Ukraine. We absolutely cannot wait to see what God has in store for us!"- An Obedient Journey

The family is trying very hard to raise money for their adoption. They have some SUPER cute stuff in her etsy store.  Here is what I bought and LOOOOVE...

They will look perfect in my kitchen!!

She has some other super cute stuff for a reasonable price! Head over to Stitched in Love and help them raise money :)

Some items from her store...




2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love that you got those tea towels- they are SO cute! And I love how connected the adoption community is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this! Rebekah has told me numerous times how I will be blown away by the love that will be recieved from the adoption community. I am certainly starting to see this. So glad you love your tea towels! :)

    ReplyDelete