Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Extraordinary

I read a lot of blogs, not near as many as I did before I had Adelyn, but you know that's usually how it goes. I love reading about people that say YES to God and to reading about people that make things happen. I like to read about people who live extraordinary lives being faithful to God.

 I love to read about Stephen Elder raise tons of money for water!
 I love to read about Jenn Verme partnering with Sweet Sleep and getting beds for Noel Orphanage.
 I LOVE to read about Rebekah and Will who adopted FIRST as plan A.

 I like to read about these people because I want to so badly BE these people! Now, let me tell you. I have tried. I have tried to be these people. Here are some of my attempts...

Charity: Water. In 2011 I was fired up about Charity: Water. I "gave up" my Christmas from some of my family and friends. I posted and campaigned on FB. Did I raise thousands of dollars? Nope.  I raised around $300.

Lifting Arms Ministries. I gave babysitting a shot. My first summer after working as a teacher I sent everyone I knew this awesome spreadsheet with prices and information on it. I was going to babysit to earn money to give to orphans. Did I earn thousands of dollars? Nope. I babysat for two families and raised about $300.

I started this blog. I thought I could turn it into one of those huge blogs that has advertisements that millions of moms read. On my best day I averaged about 200 views.  Lately, I average about 15 views a day.

I wanted to adopt my first child. Here I am writing this with a 7 month old biological child that I am sooo incredibly grateful for.

I don't share this for a pity party or for a look at what I've done! I share because I want people to know that sometimes you won't raise tons of money. Sometimes your plans won't match God's plans for your life. Sometimes you just have to try things and be OK with the way they turn out no matter how insignificant it feels. I'm proud of my small successes because at least I tried. Maybe one day I'll be featured on a blog for changing the world, but today. Being featured on my blog is enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment