Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hospital Bag

I recently saw a friend on Facebook ask what to pack in her hospital bag. I know there are alllll kinds of articles out there with their own opinions, so I figured I'd add mine! I'm pretty much a minimalist so if you need LOTS of details and stuff this might not be the list for you. Also, I'm not sure why it has taken me almost 8 months to decide to blog about all this baby stuff, but it is what it is!

For momma:
Fuzzy socks

Loose PJ pants
(You don't want anything "tight" these first few days)

Solid colored tops.
(Patterns may or may not be in style years from now,
and patterns aren't super flattering on swollen new mommas-just my opinion!)

Nursing snap tops.
 (I lived in these the first few weeks!)

Robe
 
Hair products.
(Chi, Blow dryer)
 
Make Up
 
Comfy presentable outfit for YOU to go home in.
(You'll be in pictures too!)
 
Bath products
 (Travel sized Shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, etc...)

Literally everything else I needed was provided by the hospital, and I was super comfortable.

For baby:
At least one comfy outfit
(Adelyn wore the hospital onesie the first day, and was in a gown the whole second day)
 
Going home outfit
 
Swaddle blanket
 
Pretty blanket
(We didn't bring this, but we had hospital pictures done
and she asked for a blanket which we didn't bring
and had to borrow from somewhere?)
 
Boppy
(We didn't bring this either, but I think it would have been super helpful to have!)

Baby Mittens

That's it! We brought lots of outfits and diapers and everything else you can think of, but we didn't use any of it. The hospital provided diapers, blankets, hats, pacifers, bathing supplies, pump, formula if needed,etc.

Again. This is a very minimal list. I had LOTS of other stuff packed, but really didn't touch much of it. It's also super helpful to have relatives to can bring you food and anything you might need but forgot!




No comments:

Post a Comment