Monday, November 8, 2010

Extravagantly Enchanted

So I will sum up the past few things I am grateful for into one big THANKS. I am so grateful and thankful for my Heavenly Father.  I wish EVERYONE felt what it feels like to KNOW that there is someone much much bigger than this world.
    I am so thankful that I can find contentment and satisfaction in Him. I was struggling with different versions of this thought.."If I could just finish decorating this room, then I'd be happy,..", "If I could just get married, then I would be totally content..." on and on and on...It was always never enough. Don't get me wrong I am super happy and totally in love with my husband, but  you better believe not long after I got married I was looking for something else to fill my longing heart. I am so grateful that with the help of many different men and women I have come to understand that God created that longing in my heart. He wants me to search, BUT He wants me to search for HIM! It has made this life seem so much easier because now I know that nothing and noone is going to be able to satisfy me like God will/does/can. 
  God has really been working in me and making me constantly question this world. I just constantly see things in my life that make me think, Why is God giving ME all this??? Why am I so lucky to have a pantry full of food, a closet full of clothes, shoes out to wazoo, a great job, an awesome family?? How can I use all  of this God?
    I have yet to even get close to the answer to those questions, but you better believe I am doing my best to use what I have to help others. I got a letter in the mail from my little sponsor girl, Lucia, with her picture!! It was so exciting. I just hope she is really doing okay over there in Mozambique and knows that there is a Great God who can bring her comfort or whatever she needs.
  Well this blog took lots of different turns, but there it is. All my thoughts about God right now! I am so thankful for Him, and hope you are too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment