Monday, December 6, 2010

Giving and Getting

Honestly, I know the best feeling really is to GIVE, however, sometimes (like Christmas time) we give to people that don't truly need anything. I am all for that, believe me I also love to receive gifts. However, I decided to try to get the best of both worlds. I started researching (with the help of some friends) shops that gave back when you bought their product. Think TOMS shoes.  Now not every gift I have bought has been like this, but I am making an effort to do better this Christmas. Here are some my favorite gifts that count stores I have found...

She sells these very pretty wreath to help with her adoption!




Majority of profits go to help St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
 
 "Nest is a nonprofit organization that empowers female artists and artisans around the world. Using a unique combination of interest-free microfinance loans, mentoring from established designers, as well as a market in which to sell their crafts, Nest helps its loan recipients create successful small businesses. Nest instills pride of ownership, preserves ancient artistic traditions and successfully moves women from poverty to self-sufficiency."
-Nest Mission Statement

 "I'm a Mom who blogs (http://wearethatfamily.com) and my family is helping to open a maternity home in Africa. My talented husband is the coppersmith and the rest of us help out. All proceeds from this shop go to that effort. "
- Wearethatfamily
"Each home décor item is handcrafted by women artisans in the developing world."
-Global Goods Partners


So there are lots of goodies! They can be gifts, stocking stuffers, secret santa, or anything really! I hope you check these out, and give gifts that count!!




No comments:

Post a Comment