Thursday, July 14, 2011

Are you ready for this??

Our big exciting news is that my hubs has decided to follow his heart and enroll in seminary. Yep. Ryan is pursuing a pastorial degree. Pastorial degree?? Is that correct termiology? IDK. But, what I know is that  he is going to school to be a pastor. I honestly cannot really believe that one day I could be a pastor's wife. That seems like lala land to me!

So already I have seen God's hand all over this decision. Let me just take you back to the end of last year. Around September the hubs decided to take over the college ministry at our church. He had already been seriously  transformed  at Super Summer and this was just another new step. He took over and I might or might not have thrown out something along the lines of..."sure we can do this, just don't leave your day job to be  pastor". I had some serious attachments to my comfy life as an engineer's wife. I'm not sure when, but sometime between then and last weekend God starting opening my eyes to a new life, and here we are!

Last weekend Ryan "broke the news" that he was being called to the ministry. I was not surprised at all, I felt totally okay with the decision and up for the adventure. Peaceful in fact. That in itself is a miracle.

This Wednesday Ryan met with our new pastor and assistant pastor, and they both were very encouraging to him and made him feel good about this decision. They told him that we need to get approval from the church at a business meeting to apply for seminary. Would you believe Wednesday our church had the monthly business meeting? We went the meeting and about 50 people were there and approved Ryan's decision, no backing out now!

He is almost finished with the application and will be sending it in shortly! We have no idea what this will look like for our life, all we know is Ryan will still be working full time for quite a while. Therefore, it will probably not seem any different to me.

I am excited and looking forward to where God leads our little family.

Before the business meeting :)

1 comment: