Thursday, July 28, 2011

Indifferent?

As I am preparing for our trip to Venezuela a very common questions has been asked. "Are you excited?!". I usually say Yeahhh, and a little nervous, but really I always feel like that is a lie. I don't really feel anything about it. I just feel indifferent. I don't know why. I don't know if that is a bad thing (shouldn't I be excited?) or it is a good thing (i'm not super nervous?). I just don't know. It is like my heart is numb to the concept that I will be in a foreign country shortly.

I wish I was excited, although I have yet to be "excited" about any trip I have taken to a different country. (Even a 5 star resort in Mexico!) I am very grateful that I am not hyperventilating scared like I was before Mexico.

God has plans. I know I would not be going on this trip if He wasn't expecting me to be obedient to this call. Ryan and I both felt very strongly that we should not miss out on this oppurtunity. (As I was just writing that sentence I did actually get a few butterflies.)  So ready or not, excited or not, nervous or not, Venezuela we are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment