Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Confessions of a paper pregnant momma:

Confessions of a paper pregnant momma:

I stare at every single black boy I see. I can’t help it, all I think is that is what my son will look like. 

I also can not pull my eyes away from a family of mixed races. Are they adopted? Where are they from? Where do they live? Where do they go to church? Do they have a blog?

I have no idea how to properly start a conversation with mixed families.

I am offended by people using ignorant comments about other races, but I haven’t hit the intolerable stage. 
I feel it won’t be long…

I am surprised at how relatively fast the paper chase has gone.  It isn’t actually being completed in the time frame I thought, BUT I have just been so busy with life that it hasn’t been killing me waiting for our DTE.

I try not to tell people HOW long the wait is going to be for our referral. It just seems so long. I feel like people will write the process off if they know that it might not be for another year before I even see my baby’s face.

The journey so far has not been all butterflies and rainbows. I guess that is what makes the rainbows extra special when we have them. 

I LOVE when someone asks about our adoption. Seriously, love it. :)

God has been brought to attention so many times because of our adoption.  I have read on lots of blogs that you really get to experience God in a new way through adoption, and I know that is so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment