Monday, August 22, 2011

Please sign here!

Today we mailed our paper work to get assigned our Family Coordinator.

We signed a bunch of papers saying we agree and understand that lots could happen between now and getting a baby. The next step is to get assigned our Family Coordinator. Once we get her we will get started on our dossier. The dossier is the mountain of paperwork that will be sent over to Ethiopia. This is also what we have to wait until I am 25 to submit.My personal timeline goal for this would be my birthday January 19th!   Once we send that off we will be on the waitlist! Then the fun part begins!! After our dossier makes it to Ethiopia we will be officially in the second part of the adoption. Our second trimester :) Pretty much every single family I have seen has had a different time of waiting so I honestly have no idea how long we will wait. Obviously we pray it won't be too long!! The third trimester begins when we get that magical phone call that we have been matched! We will get to see a picture of our baby and accept or reject him or her. We requested a boy, but I have seen when people get a girl. Rare, but I guess you never know! If we accept, (I can't imagine not, but then again you never know) we will have to wait for a court date in Ethiopia. Once we get our court date Ryan and I will get to go meet our sweet baby! I believe it is about a week in country. That will be the first of two trips. We will come home, honestly I am not sure why this is, but I will find out! Then we go back and pick up the baby for good. Our
"gotcha" day. Ohhhhh what a great and wonderful day that will be!!


So there is a brief outline of the process we are beginning!!


Our first wedding as "expecting" parents :)

Adoptive Father and Adoptive Mother Signature!!

First of many checks!

No comments:

Post a Comment