Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Venezuela

Venezuela was an amazing trip.
I felt so wonderful and loved there that it is kind of hard to be home. God answered so many of my prayers. We were so blessed on this trip!!

For the first time I was not embarrassed of my skin color. I am not talking about being white, I'm talking about my very pale, almost translucent white skin. I always think I need a tan, or wish I was darker, but this trip I felt like my skin was just different not a flaw. I felt pretty.  Blessed.

The family we lived with were amazing. I got a sister that I have always prayed for, and another amazing brother. The pastor and his wife were so polite and giving. They treated us like kings and queens. Our crazy mexican brother was a blast as well. Ryan learned so much from him, and we both hope to love people like he does! Blessed.

Ryan and I were together literally 24/7, and it was amazing. I was so greatful to have him on this trip and to grow with him through this experience. We have a better marriage from this trip. I have never been happier to have him as my husband. Blessed. 

God also answered all of my big prayer requests.

I was a nervous wreck about being split up from Ryan. We were split from our church group, but we were together. God definitely had a better plan than me!!

I always have an irrational fear of getting sick. Neither I nor Ryan got sick one time of the trip. We never even felt bad.

I actually prayed to not be very hungry during the trip, and God was good! I didn't eat very much, yet I was never hungry. We hardly ate any of our snacks!!

I also am biggg scaredy cat, and God literally gave me a spirit not of fear. I was honestly not really scared at all after the first night. We were evangelizing in a dangerous neighborhood, yet I never once felt scared. It was really peaceful knowing that God had it under control. 

God was good, and God is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment