Friday, January 6, 2012

Eleven Ways 2011 Didn't Suck!

*Served in Nicaragua with eMi


*Disaster Relief in AL after the Tornado

*Served in Venzeula and met a wonderful friends

 *Discovered Pinterest


*Attended Secret Church by David Platt


*Started the adoption process
*Ryan started seminary




*Made great friends at work

*The Cellar became like family
*Read the ENTIRE Bible cover to cover


*Found my workout groove!


This blog was inspired by Rage Against the MiniVan..
"Yesterday I wrote a little yearly recap on 2011, and I almost didn’t publish it because I was so frustrated with myself at seeing my resolutions from the beginning of the year.  Then I began mulling over the post I would write where I would scold, prod, and shame myself into change . . . really put those shortcomings out there so I would HAVE to get my act together.  Publicly sharing goals is vulnerable for me.  Publicly failing at those goals?  Even worse.  But as I sat down to write my manifesto entitled STOP SUCKING IN 2012, I took a quick look at my reader and saw this post by my friend Karen, inspired by this post by Erin, about non-goals.  Both of them reminded me of the importance of acknowledging our areas of growth, both in word and in action.  I decided that I would put my self-flagellation on the back burner and take a moment to recognize the areas where I didn’t suck in 2011. Amazing concept, right?  Something tells me this might be a better way to start my year – with some affirmations for where I’ve succeeded, instead of a list of goals that are setting me up to fail.  " -RATM

1 comment:

  1. Aww I LOVE that you made great friends at work!! 2011 seems like it was a great year for you!

    In response to your comment to me: I PROMISE I will keep my blog going this time. I really am so mad that I stopped doing it last year. Also, I would LOVE to make you some crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete