Saturday, March 31, 2012

Real life Y'all.

Yesterday was a reality check for me. I had two different occasions when I was hit in the face with the real life reasons we are pursuing adoption. My first experience was with a girl we will call "R". R's mother considered given her up for adoption. R is now a young teenager living a life far from happy. She constantly gets moved around to different family members that are in her words "not right". She has no security and is expected to focus at school? R told me she wished we would have been adopted because her life is so bad. Y'all...break my heart! It took everything inside of me change our age range up to 13!! As if R's story wasn't enough. I met another girl last night, we will call her "B". B has been in and out of the foster care system since she was 8. B has a loving foster mother now and from the outside looks like she is thriving. B hasn't had it easy. Im sure she has a lot of hurt inside of her, but she is safe and receiving the love she deserves.

It was just a very real day yesterday. I had been having some confusing thoughts as to why the heck I am adopting a baby, and last night God reminded me why. There are real kids out there that need loving, stable families. I have love ready to pour out and engulf a child. I know that I can provide a secure, stable family for a child that would otherwise get lost in the "system". These kids are real that need families. They are real.

I am not sure I have ever felt more sure of our adoption decision than I do today. Ryan and I are called to do this and I can't imagine passing it up.

If you feel even the slightest tug at your heart while reading this, please look deeper at that tug. That is the pull of God starting something in your life that you don't want to miss! I would love to talk more to you if you need some advice! You can email me at Arin19@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment