Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Healthy Girl

Today I am thankful for my health. I am so grateful to live in a country that allows me to have access to the best medical care. I am also grateful that at the moment, I don't need the best medical care. I recently talked to a women who was just floating along going to school and interning to be a teacher. Then BAM she had a stroke. Now she is getting food delivered to her, and is just totally living a new normal. When briefly talking to her, I could just see myself in her. I am so glad that I have been giving this life to live.

My organization today is a pretty common one, but a great one none the less!
Doctors without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).

"On any given day, more than 27,000 committed individuals representing dozens of nationalities can be found providing assistance to people caught in crises around the world. They are doctors, nurses, logistics experts, administrators, epidemiologists, laboratory technicians, mental health professionals, and others who work together in accordance with MSF's guiding principles of humanitarian action and medical ethics."-http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/aboutus/?ref=main-menu

2 comments:

  1. Just jumped on over from Rage against the minivan. Congrats on your adoption-we are in process of our second adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I remember well those seminary days...my husband was super busy, we'd moved across the country with a toddler and were expecting our second. Seriously, we look back at those hard days as some of the best and most challenging/growing days we have had so far. Such a rich time.

    ReplyDelete