Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful 2011

Last year I tried to do the "Days of Thanks", but I failed miserably. So why not try again? I want to document things I am thankful to have. The twist is that I am going to document not only things I am thankful for, but also acknowledge that our neighbors around the world don't have access to what I am thankful for.

I am going to try to showcase organizations that will help us donate to give others things that WE are thankful to have.

I started yesterday with charity:water. I sure am thankful to have access to PLENTY of clean water even though it hardly rains anymore.

Today I am thankful for my bed. Mainly because I am going out of town and won't have my bed to sleep in for a few days.

 

Africa

Check out Sweet Sleep.

What is Sweet Sleep? Sweet Sleep is a faith-based nonprofit organization which provides beds to the world’s orphaned and abandoned children, demonstrating God’s love for them and improving their quality of life.
Sweet Sleep's vision is for every orphaned child in the world to lie down in their own bed reminding them they are loved, protected and cared for with hope for the future through Jesus Christ.
According to UNICEF, there are more that 210 million orphans worldwide. Today, 5,760 more children will become orphans.
Orphaned and abandoned children around the world suffer from lack of sufficient or healthy places to sleep. These children often sleep on old, broken and soiled beds or have no beds at all – forcing them to sleep on paper-thin mats or cold, hard floors, making them susceptible to crawling, biting insects and disease. In these conditions, it is nearly impossible to get a good night’s sleep and the effects are staggering.

If your thankful for your bed today and want to help an orphan receive a bed then head on over HERE and donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment